UMKC Dining Services is a partnership between the University of Missouri - Kansas City and Sodexo, our contracted food service company. UMKC Dining Services exists to provide comprehensive dining services to the UMKC community.
· Flex dollars are a declining balance that can be spent at all UMKC Dining Service locations. Unused flex dollars from the fall semester will roll-over to the spring semester if a meal plan is purchased for the spring semester. All remaining flex dollars at the end of the spring semester will be forfeited.
Yes, students living in Johnson Residence Hall or Oak Street Residence Halls are required to purchase one of the five residential meal plans.
The UMKC Dining Hall offers 19 meals per week: three meals/day Mon. - Fri. and two meals/day on the weekends.
You cannot increase your number of meals per week by purchasing more meals but you can use your flex dollars to purchase a meal at a "gate" price. Meals that are not used are lost on a weekly basis and will not roll over to the next week.
The weekly period begins on Monday and ends on Sunday.
· A single board meal may be used daily at the Smart Market to purchase up to $12.00 in food/beverage. Flex dollars, Roo Bucks, cash, and credit card can be used at all campus dining retail locations.
· Additional flex dollars cannot be purchased separately but a student can add Roo Bucks, https://info.umkc.edu/one-card/roo-bucks/, to their Roo card for additional purchasing options.
- A student staying in campus housing can change their meal plan until the end of the first week of each semester (Friday by 5:00 PM). They must contact Residential Life, email@example.com, to request a plan change.
- Commuter students purchasing a meal plan cannot change their plan after it is purchased.
· If a student leaves UMKC, they may get a pro-rated credit back for the remaining balance of their plan based on the remaining days in the semester.
· No. Students may purchase a summer meal plan if the dining hall is opened for the summer. Contact the Roo Card office for details.
You may use meals or flex dollars to pay for guests.
· Students, faculty, and staff can use the Get Funds app or website, https://info.umkc.edu/one-card/get-funds/, to view their plan balances. They can also contact the Roo Card Office (816-235-6657) or ask any UMKC Dining Service venue cashier.
Yes, vegetarian/vegan options are always available. Daily vegetarian/vegan items can be found on the menu and at the UMKC Dining Hall.
You will find Local item identifiers through out the Dining Hall. We also post maps of our local growers and vendors that we utilize through out the year. Nutritional and allergen information about food being served can be found on the Weekly On-Line Menu (on this web site) or in the dining area in informational binders near the entrance. Please ask a Dining Services staff member for assistance if you cannot find a particular menu item or if you need more detailed information.
Fill out a feedback form, call the office at (816) 235-1417, visit the office on the first floor of the Student Success Center or email the General Manager.